What can 4.00% do for you?
With a Remarkable Checking account, you can earn a great rate just by using your account.
APY1 intro rate
When you open a new Remarkable Checking account from OCCU, you can earn 4.00% APY1 on balances up to $20,000, and .20% APY on balances greater than $20,000 for the first six months when monthly qualifications are met. Following the introductory period, you’ll continue to get great earnings.
How does it work?
There’s no minimum balance, no monthly fees. Just three simple monthly qualifications:
- Maintain active enrollment in eStatements.
- Make one automated transaction.
- Make 12 cleared debit transactions.
It’s remarkably easy! Are you ready to get started?
Meeting your monthly qualifications
Are you ready to open a Remarkable Checking account but you’re not yet an OCCU member? Welcome! Becoming a member is easy and is open to:
- People who live in our 67-county membership area, which includes much of Oregon and all of Washington state.
- Immediate family members of an OCCU member or someone living in the membership area.
- Students and employees of the University of Oregon or members of the UO Alumni Association.
- Bi-Mart store employees or immediate family members of an employee.
- Bi-Mart store members or their immediate family members.
- State of Oregon employees.
If you meet any one of these qualifications — join us!
Tracking your progress
Worried about keeping track of how you’re doing? We’ll send out a midmonth reminder email letting you know how you’re doing to help you get your best rate.
The perks don’t stop with the top-of-market rate!
- Remarkable Checking has no monthly service fees, no minimum balance and access to MyOCCU Online and Mobile, bill pay and ATMs throughout the nation.2
- Get more rewards with direct deposits automatically sent to your account up to three days early.3
14.00% annual percentage yield (APY) intro rate effective for the first month of new account opening and 6 statement cycles (“cycle”) after for balances of $20,000 or below. Remaining balances greater than $20,000, will receive a rate of .20% APY. After the intro period, a 2.00% APY is applied to the first $20,000. Remaining balances greater than $20,000, will receive a rate of .20% APY. All rates subject to the following qualifying factors required per cycle: 1) 12 settled debit card transactions; 2) 1 direct deposit or ACH debit or credit transaction (excluding OCCU’s Bill Pay service); and 3) active enrollment in eStatements. If one or more of the qualifying factors are not met, account will receive a default rate of .05% APY for that cycle. Statement cycle = first day of the month to the last day of the month (ex. May 1 – May 31). APYs effective as of 04/22/2023 and subject to change. Introductory offer may end at any time, contact OCCU for details. Fees could reduce earnings.
2Foreign ATM fees charged by non-OCCU and non-Co-op financial institutions for the use of their ATMs will be automatically credited back to your account by OCCU at the end of the statement cycle. This credit is subject to meeting the qualifying factors. Statement Cycle = first day of the calendar month to the last day of the calendar month. Example: May 1 – May 31.
3Early access to direct deposit funds depends on the timing of the submission of the payment file from the payer. OCCU may, but shall not be required to under any circumstances, make these funds available on the day the payment file is received, which may be up to three (3) days earlier than the scheduled payment date. OCCU does not assume any liability for not depositing these funds to your account early. OCCU may terminate early access at any time without notice.