You and OCCU
Your go-to hub for all things new at OCCU.
We’re bringing everything you deserve.
Wish you had one spot to get all the latest OCCU updates? This is it!
You and OCCU is a brand-new hub we created for our members to have access to all our exciting announcements.
You’re an important part of our growth and vision. Join in and come along with us as we explore new paths, member experiences, services and more together.
Use the drop-down menus below to discover and learn more.
P.S. We recommend you bookmark this page and revisit it often for the latest updates!
OCCU snapshot: a quick take on what’s new
- Who’s calling? For many of us, when the phone rings, it means there’s an emergency. But just as likely, it’s a phone scammer, with their own “emergency.” They need you to wire money or deliver gift cards to a stranger to pay off an overdue tax bill. If you’re not careful, they can be very convincing. Know the signs so you can protect yourself.
- 2023 Annual Meeting. Join us as we highlight our financial performance in 2023 and our initiatives planned for 2024. Learn more at MyOCCU.org/Annual-Meeting.
- Giving back. As we tally up our 2023 giving and look forward to the year ahead, let’s celebrate the nearly $1 million the OCCU Foundation was able to give back to the community in 2022. It’s all thanks to the generosity of people like you. Here’s what we achieved together.
- Know before you file. Goodbye, winter holidays. Hello, tax season! Before you start filing — we know you’re bursting with anticipation — there are a few changes to keep in mind. Here’s what’s new.
Member security: Identity theft
In a perfect world, we wouldn’t need to worry about identity theft.
Unfortunately, personal security cannot be left to chance. At OCCU, the safety and security of your personal accounts and finances are our top priority. But we can’t do it alone. It’s important that you are also vigilant about protecting your sensitive information.
Oftentimes, the best defense is a good offense. Check your credit report regularly for signs of tampering. (You can do this at AnnualCreditReport.com). Use unique and hard-to-guess passwords on each of your online accounts. And stay on top of the newest and latest scams, so you know what to watch out for, and what to do if your information is compromised:
OCCU Security hub: https://myoccu.org/about-occu/security
FTC Identity Theft hub: https://consumer.ftc.gov/identity-theft-and-online-security/identity-theft
Free credit reports: https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action
At OCCU, we take every step possible to protect your personal information and your finances. That includes providing you with resources to help you spot the scams so you can stay vigilant. Our Member Security YouTube playlist will let you know how to protect yourself.
When we work together, your finances and your information are doubly fortified against intruders.
Upgrade your checking. It’s Remarkably easy!
A checking account is more than just a way to fund the checks you write (if you still write them). It’s a central hub for most of your financial activity. Your debit card purchases, your online bill payments, your transfers — there’s a good chance that your checking account is doing a lot of heavy lifting.
But it can do more. Remarkably more.
Remarkable Checking from OCCU is a free checking account with no fees or minimum balance, unlimited ATM usage2 and a top-of-market interest rate that lets you earn while you spend. Plus, Remarkable Checking comes with up to a 4.00% annual percentage yield (APY)1 on balances up to $20,000 and .20% APY on balances greater than $20,000 for the first six months.
To earn the most possible interest, all you have to do is meet a few simple requirements each month:
- Use your debit card 12 times.
- Set up at least one direct deposit or auto-pay.
- Sign up for eStatements.
When it comes to your money, why should you settle for anything less than remarkable? Imagine the possibilities that could open up when you start earning more from your checking. Learn more about how you could benefit from opening a Remarkable Checking account today.
Fight inflation, maximize your savings
Right now, we’re offering a limited 4.75% annual percentage yield (APY)9with our 7-month certificate of deposit (CD) and a 4.50% APY9with our 13-month CD. Take advantage of higher interest rates and reach your financial goals sooner. Give your savings a boost.
OCCU is growing
2Foreign ATM fees charged by non-OCCU and non-Co-op financial institutions for the use of their ATMs will be automatically credited back to your account by OCCU at the end of the statement cycle. This credit is subject to meeting the qualifying factors. Statement Cycle = first day of the calendar month to the last day of the calendar month. Example: May 1 – May 31.
9Promotion is for a 7-month CD with an APY of 4.75% or a 13-month CD with an APY of 4.50%. Annual percentage yield (APY) accurate as of 01/02/2024. Minimum balance of $500 to open certificate and obtain APY. Fees may reduce earnings. Early withdrawal penalty may apply. Federally insured by NCUA. Offer may end at any time, contact OCCU for more details.